- This event has passed.
Drill – September 19th, 2020
September 19, 2020 @ 08:45 - 15:00 EDT
|24 SEP||DRILL - Halligan Hall - In doc day|
Uniform of the Day
Complete set of uniforms
Arrive NWU / SD Whites /Winter Blues/PT Gear/ mask optional/ lunch water bottle
New Recruit: school clothes/ Gym short or sweat pants/ - sneakers,
Navy over Khaki.
|09:00||Muster / Formation|
|09:15||New Recruit intro|
|09:30||Uniform Wear and Care|
NWU (Navy Working Uniform) - Type III
|10:00||Shift to SD Whites (Service Dress Whites)|
Shift to Winter Blue
Wear and care
|11:15||New Recruit Uniform Fitting|
Shift to PT gear/Gym shorts/sweats pant (new recruit)
Sea Cadet Oath
|12:45||Facing Movement |
|14:00||Summer Training Review|
New Recruit (Parent session)
For attending drill, Cadets should remain in their car until a TSRM instructor / officer comes by to check their temperature and collect their paperwork. Each drill Cadets should bring the following forms filled out prior to arrival:
Please present the forms to the officer whom checks your temperature.
Notes from the admin officer:
This is a perfect opportunity to switch out uniforms while we are at the OLD NEX. Saving me much exertion–sorting. loading, unloading and returning the inventory from the American Legion. Respect your Senior Citizen! I would much prefer to get this over with one time only!
Try on your Winter Blues, including the Winter Raincoat and cover, belts, etc. If they need replacing, carefully remove any rank for re-use. Bring them (clean) to drill on Saturday and I will do my best to re-outfit you. Leave NLCC patches on and I will issue new ones if needed. If any parent wants to help with this task, you are welcome as we have lost INST Haseltine as Supply Officer.
Notes on masks from HQ:
- Masks are to be worn at all times, except while eating, showering/hygiene, running, sleeping, or when a member complains of difficulty breathing.
- Masks may be cloth or surgical; these masks are worn to inhibit the spread of respiratory droplets
- Cloth masks are to be washed after each day’s use. Surgical masks shall be discarded at the end of each day
- NHQ is currently attempting to source cloth masks for the field but individual members, units and training contingents may purchase and wear their own masks
- Cloth masks must be of a plain color, without logos or graphics. Preference is for plain black or navy-blue masks.
- If available, N95 or other medical-grade masks should be only worn by staff who are interacting with a suspected case of COVID-19